Shop & Office Hours
Sept - May
Region 4 Team
Membership Specialist, Team Lead
Product Sales & Finance Specialist
Waite Park Regional Center
The latest news for Girl Scouts in Alexandria, Willmar, and surrounding areas. Do you have something to share? Contact any member of our Regional Team.
December 5, 2013 at 11:30am
Due to the weather and to ensure safety for our volunteers, Region 2 2014 Cookie Training has been rescheduled to Thursday, December 12, 2013. The training will be held in the Fellowship Hall of Peace United Church of Christ.
Peace United Church of Christ | 1111 North 11th Ave. East | Duluth, MN 55805
Coming from the south:
- Exit from I-35 onto Mesaba Ave—continue up the hill to 2nd St.
- Turn right on 2nd St. until 6th Ave E.
- Turn left on 6th Ave. until 9th St.
- Turn right on 9th St. until 11th Ave. E
- Left on 11th Ave. East
- In 2 blocks you will see the Peace Church on the left, just above 11th St.
Coming from the north:
- Take Miller Trunk highway, which becomes Central Entrance, then 6th Ave E.
- Turn left at the stoplight at 9th St.
- Go 5 blocks on 9th Street to 11th Ave E.
- At 11th Ave E. turn left and go 2 blocks; the driveway to the church is on the left just past 11th Street.
- There is a parking lot at the Church.
- There is also a lower parking lot that can be accessed from 11th St at 10th Ave E.
- Parking is allowed on one side of the street on 11th Street.
- There is no parking on 11th Ave East.
Regional updates will start at 6:00pm and the Cookie Training will start at 6:30pm. Please arrive 15 minutes early to check in at the training.
At the training, there will be bottled water, a variety of sandwiches and chips available everyone in attendance.
The Duluth Shop (424 West Superior St G3, Duluth, MN 55802) will still be open until 5:45pm for your convenience!
Stay safe and keep warm,
September 24, 2013 at 12:47pm
Songs, Games, and S'mores POTG and Training
Girls in grades K and up; Adults are welcome
Join us for a fun filled morning participating and learning songs and games to use for your troops. Girls can participate in the fun too! We are combining our most popular training with our Program on the Go to give girls age kindergarten and up a chance to join in the fun.
When: Saturday, October 12, 2013
Time: 9:30- 11:30 am
Place: First Evangelical Free Church
900 13th St S, Benson
Cost: $6/ per girl; Adults free
To sign up for any of these exciting events use the "Program and Events Registration" form found in the Programs tab. For guestions contact Program Specialist, Nikki Revier, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 320-403-2109.
September 23, 2013 at 10:26am
Girl Scout Diva for a Day
Calvary Lutheran Church, Alexandria, MN
Calling all divas to an exciting Girl Scout glam event! Bring your favorite party dress to change into and spend the day getting ready for a one-of-akind dance party. Create your own decorated mask, have your hair styled and nails polished to perfection, and make your own body glitter to bring home, while completing portions of the Dancer and My Best Self Badges. Then, be ready to sparkle on the dance floor!
Cost includes activity supplies, snack and patch.
Date: November 9, 2013
Time: 1 pm-5 pm
Cost: $15 girl, $5 adult
No Posts Available.
August 6, 2013 at 10:36am
The 2013-2014 Girl Scout year begins on October 1, 2013. Recruitment events are held late August, September and the beginning of October. Click here find a recruitment event near you! Feel free to refer back to this link as additional dates will be added.
Girl Scouts provides incredible opportunities for girls to develop qualities that will serve them all their lives. Girls develop leadership skills, lifelong friendships and earn meaningful awards. Through Girl Scout programs girls learn the importance of responsibility, goal setting, team work and flourishing in a unique, all-girl environment. Girl Scouts help girls expanding their knowledge to provide opportunities that excite them and enhance their lives. These activities may include: troop/group meetings, council programs, sports, camping, arts and crafts, money management, preparing for college, travel and making a difference in their community and world! Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place.
Girl Scouting is open to every girl in grades Kindergarten through 12th grade who accepts the Girl Scout Promise and Law and pays $15 in annual membership dues.
Through Girl Scouting and the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, girls grow and learn new skills in an environment where they feel safe and accepted. Adults are trained to put the needs of girls first, develop strong girl-adult partnerships, encourage girls to share their ideas and provide mentoring, encouragement and coaching. The girl-led activities focus on learning by doing and working together. As girls mature, their level of leadership responsibility expands.
It's never too late to join Girl Scouts. A girl can join at any time of the year and at any age level. Refer to Linda Bear's, Membership Specialist, contact link on left side of this page.
• Girl Scout Daisy
Kindergarten and Grade 1
• Girl Scout Brownie
Grades 2 and 3
• Girl Scout Junior
Grades 4 and 5
• Girl Scout Cadette
Grades 6 to 8
• Girl Scout Senior
Grades 9 and 10
• Girl Scout Ambassador
Grades 11 and 12
Adults, both women and men, are also invited to become adult members and volunteers. To learn more about being a volunteer contact Marge Hanson, Region 4 Volunteer Specialist. Note contact links on left side of page.
Many Ways to be a Girl Scout
Girls participate in Girl Scouting in many ways. When a girl joins, she can choose one, two, or all of these ways to participate:
- Join a troop with a group of girls her age
- Become an independent Girl Scout member (Juliette Girl Scout) and enjoy a variety of activities outside traditional troop settings
- Travel to regional, national and international destinations
- Attend Girl Scout day or resident camp
- Join a series that focus on a particular topic – careers, engineering, sports, theater, etc. – with the same group of girls
- Come to single day events and meet different girls at every one
- Experience virtual programs delivered in a secure environment
The Girl Scout Leadership Experience engages girls to discover themselves, connect with others and take action to make the world a better place.
No Posts Available.
November 13, 2013 at 10:24am
Secure valuable information to help the Cookie Sale Program run smoothly for your troop. All adult members are invited to attend Cookie Training. This training will be especially helpful for Troop Product Sales Managers (aka “Cookie Moms”), Troop Leaders, and Community Product Sales Managers. It’s suggested that at least one adult volunteer from each troop attend the training.
Region 4’s Cookie Sale Training has been set for Thursday, November 21, at 6:30 p.m. at Calvary Lutheran Church, 605 Douglas Street, Alexandria. Please allow about two hours for the training, plus additional time for asking questions, networking, and cookie
sampling. Light refreshments will be served. Bring a friend to share in the fun and learning!
Please RSVP to Maureen by Monday, November 18 if you plan to attend this important training. If this training date does not work for you, please see the full list of available Cookie Trainings on our website. See you there!
September 16, 2013 at 11:53am
Fall Product Sale Training by conference call will be offered on Monday, September 23 at 6:00 p.m. for those who did not attend in person trainings. This training is suggested for Troop Product Sales Managers, Troop Leaders, and Community Product Sales Managers. The training will be approximately one hour in length. To sign up and receive call in information, please contact Maureen Graham by email email@example.com or phone 320-247-4571 by noon on September 23. Please join us!
August 15, 2013 at 02:06pm
It's almost Back to Troop Time. Grab your best party gear and join us for our funnest Fall Kickoff event ever. Yes, there will be prizes!
Fall Product Sale Training
The 2013 Fall Product Sale is a great and easy way for troops to earn start-up funds for activities the girls would like to participate in during the Girl Scout year. Learn all of the latest information to get your troop ready to sell. We encourage at least one adult volunteer from each troop to attend either a council training or a training offered by your Community Product Sales Manager. If you have not been to a training before or if it has been a while, come and check it out!
Back to Troop Membership Kickoff
"I can't wait to...be a Girl Scout!" is our recruitment call. Girl Scouts is fun - so let's havefun! Prizes and materials will be available for all. We will walk through your plans for fall and infuse Girl Scout fun throughout. We want every girl to say, "I can't wait to be a Girl Scout!"
So plan now to be with us at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 22 at Calvary Lutheran Church, 605 Douglas Street, in Alexandria.
6:00 - Light Supper
6:30 - Fall Product Training
7:30 - Regional Updates
Distribution of Fall Recruitment Packets to Service Unit Managers and Community Coordinators
Service Unit Managers and Community Coordinators, if you're unable to join us, please contact Linda Bear to get your Fall Recruitment Packets.
RSVP by Monday, August 19 to Maureen or 320-247-4571.
May 21, 2013 at 08:17am
Top 10 Reasons to Jump Start and
Re-register for Girl Scouts Today
1. Convenient options: Register online or if you prefer, paper registration forms are still available. Find both at www.gslakesandpines.org and click on “Join Girl Scouts’ or “Re-register Now.”
2. If online help is needed, it is just an e-mail away: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If online registering, you receive an e-mail confirmation within 15 minutes of completing your online registration.
4. Your girl will receive the free 2013-14 Jumpstart patch shown.
5. Troop Incentive for Online Registering: If your girl is in a troop, her troop will receive $5 for
every girl registering online if 80% of the whole troop online registers by June 15.
a. Your troop will know your girl will be returning.
b. Your troop and Service Unit will know your Troop Leaders are returning.
c. Your troop will be able to start up easily when school starts again in September.
6. Your community’s Girl Scout Service Unit will receive a free 4 foot vinyl Girl Scout parade
banner if 80% of all current Service Unit girl and adult members re-register by June 15.
7. Camp Bonus! Get a free t-shirt: Sign up for any camp session over $100 and receive a free camp t-shirt when you renew your Girl Scout membership for 2013-14 by June 15! Check the website above and click on Camp.
8. You can join or re-join in any way the fits your family: as a member of a troop that is supported by family volunteers or as a Juliette (independent) Girl Scout (do everything all Girl Scouts do except meet as a member of a troop.)
9. Discover yourself, connect with your community, and take action to make the world a better place.
10. Girl Scouts is great! - of course you want your girl to earn her Jump Start patch and help her Troop and Service Unit meet their goals:
February 22, 2013 at 11:56am
Please place your planned orders in Snap by 10 p.m. on Saturday evenings to have delivery to your cupboard by the following Friday. What you need to know: as a council we rely on troops placing planned orders to determine how many cookies to order each week and to send these cookies where they need to go. Please help us help you by placing planned orders whenever possible. Please refer to page 26 of the pink Answer Book for Troop Product Sales Managers for complete instructions. Remember to order in package quantities.
Please continue to put your booth requests each week in Snap. For instructions see the previous blog article on this topic. Cookie Booths continue through March 10.
The first ACH debit was February 20. If your ACH debit did not go through for any reason, please contact me about making alternate payment plans. Remember to collect and deposit money from your families each week. The next ACH debit will be March 20 at which time 50% of your remaining balance owed will be due.
Girls in Snap
You may have noticed some changes to your troop’s listing of girls in Snap. This past week we did an upload of girls from our membership system to Snap. This is the only upload of information we plan to do for this sale. Please check your listing to make sure it is correct and remove any duplicate names. You will need to verify that this list is correct before transferring packages to girls or placing a recognition order later on. If you have any questions, please contact me.