Shop & Office Hours
Region 2 Team
Volunteer Specialist, Team Lead
Duluth Regional Center
Duluth Regional Center
Duluth Regional Center
Product Sales & Finance Specialist
Duluth Regional Center
The latest news for Girl Scouts in Duluth, northeast Minnesota, northwest Wisconsin, and surrounding areas. Do you have something to share? Contact any member of our Regional Team.
March 2, 2015 at 03:04pm
March is already underway, so now is the time to sign up for Free Being Me, a
program happening at Camp Shingobee on Saturday, March 28th. Girl
Scouts has partnered with Dove to create activities designed around positive
body image and self esteem. Come just for the day, or stay the night and
continue making friends and building confidence! Register online at https://gsusa.ebiz.uapps.net/vp/Default.aspx?pid=92.
Any questions contact Hannah McCabe at firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 302 – 3182.
March 2, 2015 at 02:53pm
Are you a girl in 5th through 8th grade interested in STEM and the environment? Take a look at this FREE event happening at Vermilion Community Collge on Saturday March 21st! There will be a variety of workshops focusing on different topics, and lunch is provided. Contact information for the event can be found below.
2015 STEM* Workshops
Saturday, March 21, 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Vermilion Community College
FOR ALL GIRLS IN 5th - 8th GRADES
Free Event ~ Lunch will be provided
Registration 9:30-10 a.m. in VCC Classroom Bldg.
Please let us know if you are attending by Wednesday, March 18.
RSVP by email to
or call / text Jeanne Tomlinson at 235-8470
February 25, 2015 at 03:31pm
Girl Scout Leader’s Day is on April 22 and Girl Scouts are showing appreciation to the adult volunteers by participating in the Leader Day Thank You Card Contest.
Any girl member of Lakes and Pines' is eligible to participate. Here’s how it works:
1. Create a 3.5"x8" card representing Girl Scouts.
2. Write/draw some sign of your appreciation to Girl Scout volunteers on the front and leave the inside blank. Use as many colors as you like but no glitter, stamping, or computer generation.
3. Include a description explaining why you chose your design, your name, address, troop number, and program level on the back of the card.
We are sorry, no cards can be returned.
4. Mail your card and description to the Duluth office.
424 W Superior St Ordean Building Ste G3
Duluth, MN 55802-1584
Entries must be received by March 6.
Staff will vote on their favorite card and that card will be sent out to all the troop leaders across the council to say thanks for helping build girls of Courage, Confidence, and Character
February 17, 2015 at 03:19pm
Have you registered for Kaleidoscope yet? If you were thinking about signing up for a session of swimming, now you can also look forward to trying out the log roll from Camp Roundelay! Camp staff will be on hand to teach you the tricks to staying upright while walking on water. For descriptions of all the sessions and to register online, check out our website! Questions? Contact Hannah McCabe at email@example.com or (218) 302-3182
February 13, 2015 at 11:27am
Interested in a Travel Pathway this summer? Register now for our Atlanta and Savannah trip to experience the rich histories of these two cities and tour Girl Scout First headquarters. Need more information? Check out this years Program Guide or contact Hannah McCabe at firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 302-3182.
March 2, 2015 at 01:29pm
THANK YOU to all who are helping girls to reach their goals by running their very own cookie business. Cupboard managers, community product sales managers, troop leaders, other volunteers, parents, and most especially cookie eaters all play an important role in helping girls learn and succeed have fun. Thanks again for all you do!
March ACH Debit
What is an ACH debit? It is a financial transaction where funds are electronically withdrawn from a bank account. We have three ACH debits scheduled to occur during the 2015 Cookie Sale where we plan to withdraw funds electronically from troop bank accounts:
- Due March 4: 45% of initial order (or 45% of packages owned by February 17, if no initial order was placed.) March 4 ACH calculations include quantities of Initial order gluten free. We added initial order packages for the traditional and gluten free cookies; figured amount due to council (excluding the extra $1 for gluten free.) Example: in packages 144 (in Snap) + 12 (gluten free) = 156 X 3.40 – $530.40 x .45 = $238.68 amount of March 4 ACH.
- Due March 25: 50% of remaining balance troop owes.
- Due April 8: Remaining balance due. The extra $1.00 for Gluten Free will be collected on the final ACH.
If your troop is having trouble collecting the amount which will be withdrawn, please contact your Product Sales and Finance Specialist no later than the Friday before the ACH debit is to occur.
Need more cookies? Have too many cookies? Controlling cookie inventory can be tricky. Remember, the goal is to get to a zero inventory for your troop and our council by the end of the sale. We want all cookies to be sold because leftover packages that are owned by the troop or council still must be paid for.
How can you help? The obvious – sell cookies while the demand is there; so help girls to sell early and often. Next, if you need more cookies, place a planned order in Snap by Sunday night at 10:00 p.m. for exactly what your troop needs for the following week. Our council relies heavily each week on reports that show where planned orders need to be filled throughout the council. This information helps us determine where cookies are needed and when. So if your troop does not place a planned order, your local cupboard may not have the cookies on hand that you need. PLEASE, help us help you by placing a planned order in Snap each week that you need cookies. Finally, if your troop has too many or the wrong kind of cookies – reach out! Contact families in your troop, other community troops, your Community Product Sales Manager and your Cupboard Manager and let them know what you have too much of. Transfer cookies between girls or troops wherever possible. Remember that unopened, factory sealed cases can be exchanged for another variety at cupboards where additional inventory is available. Need more tips on preventing left over cookies? See page 30 of the Answer Book for Troop Product Sales Managers.
For any troop who would like more gluten free Trios; we have product available! Troops are now able to take Trios in either ½ case or full case quantities. Please know that the no return policy still applies. If your troop hasn’t tried the gluten free please consider taking a ½ case (6 packages). We are hearing that customers are asking about Trios at many cookie booths. Remember that your troop can earn regular troop proceeds of .60 (for the recognition plan) or .65 (for the cash plan) per package, and packages will also count towards girl recognitions. Please contact your Product Sales and Finance Specialist on how to get Trios for your troop.
5 for 5 Program
We have had a great number of entries in the Buy 5 Packages Win 5 Cases promotion and hope it is helping girls to sell even more cookies. We are aware that customers putting in their entries continue to get an error message. While we are currently trying to fix this issue, please let customers know that their entry is still getting through and that they should ignore the message. If customers are told in advance that they may get an error message when putting in their entry, but that we will still receive it, this would be helpful. Thank you!
Also, to answer a common question we have been getting about the 5 for 5, yes, girls need to give customers a unique code for each five packages which are purchased in a single transaction. So if a customer purchases ten packages, they will then receive two unique codes from the girl. Hope this makes things clearer.
Bling Your Booth!
Plain is boring! We have seen a few blinged booths and they have looked fabulous. There’s still time to Bling Your Booth and win! Remember to take a photo of your cookie booth and upload to the GSUSA Facebook page, www.facebook.com/GirlScoutCookieProgram by April 30, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Your troop has the potential to win $500 cash! See the Winter 2014 Connections for additional details. Good luck!
February 6, 2015 at 04:33pm
Buy 5 Boxes for a chance to WIN Girl Scout Cookies for a Year!
Girls can sell more cookies all at once by sharing information about the Buy 5 Promotion with each of their customers and by inviting them to buy five packages for a chance to win five cases of Girl Scout Cookies! Four winning entries will be selected, one winner from each of our four regions. Each winner will receive 5 cases of their favorite Girl Scout Cookies – cookies for a year!
1. Customer purchases five packages of Girl Scout Cookies in a single transaction between February 14 and March 22. (All transactions qualify whether direct from a girl, at a booth sale, or through COCOdirect.)
2. Customer receives a code from the Girl Scout.
3. Customer enters their information by March 25 at http://www.gslakesandpines.org/pages/5for5Program/
4. Four winning entries selected week of March 30; winners notified by April 6, 2015
So, as a troop leader, you’re wondering, “What is this mysterious code that my girls will be sharing with their customers?” It’s simple. Please use the following formula to create unique codes for each customer. Use your troop number, followed by the girl’s initials, followed by the customer number. So, for example, if you are from Troop 45321, and Maggie Lemonade is the name of the girl who has three customers who each purchased five packages of Girl Scout Cookies, the codes she will distribute to them will be as follows: Customer #1 – 45321ML1, Customer #2 – 45321ML2, Customer #3 – 45321ML3. Have two girls with the same initials in your troop? No problem. Just add their middle initial or another letter to distinguish the two, for example MEL or MML.
A good way for your troop to prepare to implement this promotion would be to have business cards or slips of paper printed up with the website link, then a line for each girl to write her individual code – adding a 1, 2, 3, etc., at the end of her code for each customer that she has that purchases five packages. Girls can give a slip to each customer that qualifies.
Questions? Contact your Product Sales and Finance Specialist.
Service Unit Finance Reports DUE February 15.
Just a friendly reminder that your Service Unit Financial Report is due to your Product Sales and Finance Specialist by February 15. You can find the form here: http://gslakesandpines.org/pages/FinanceForms. The instructions are there as to how to use this writable form, otherwise you can print it out and fill it in before sending. Thank you!
February 5, 2015 at 12:52pm
Would you like to work at the Duluth Cookie Cupboard? We are seeking a temporary, part-time cookie cupboard assistant for mid-February through late March, to work Wednesdays and Thursdays. Hours are 8:30am - 5:30 pm. Earn a little extra money and help with the behind-the-scenes tasks to make the cookie program run! For more information, email April at email@example.com
January 30, 2015 at 04:10pm
· REMEMBER: ~On your Honor~ Girls can begin taking cookie orders on Monday, February 9th. No cookies will be available for delivery to customers until February 14th. Please be a sister to every Girl Scout by adhering to these dates and keeping it fair for all. Thank you.
· New Council Cookie Cupboard Locations:
DULUTH - 500 S 59th Ave West, Duluth
WAITE PARK - 230 2nd Ave S, Waite Park
Complete list of cookie cupboard locations coming soon.
· Cookie Booth Updates:
Due to the Cub Foods Booth Sales agreement, booth sales will be allowed throughout the council beginning on February 19th instead of February 20th. Go for it! :)
When entering booths in Snap, please do not enter your troop for the Cub Foods locations, as a Requested Cookie Booth. These are part of the Cookie Booth Lottery. Lottery details have been sent through Snap email to troops in areas which have the lottery.
For troops in areas which are not part of the lottery or for booths not included in the lottery, please schedule cookie booths on your own. Once you have your booths scheduled, please help us help your troop by entering all of your booths in Snap so we can upload them to the Cookie Finder. This helps to drive additional customers to your booth sale. Remember, they won’t find you if they don’t know about your sale.
· Cookie Delivery throughout the council begins February 9th. Shipping schedules have been sent to Community Product Sales Managers. For troops that placed an Initial Order, please be in touch with your Community Product Sales Manager to find out when your cookies will arrive.
· The Girl Upload is coming to Snap! On February 9th we will upload girl data from our membership system into Snap. This year we need for girls to be listed exactly the same in our membership system, Snap, and COCO. The girl data must be in sync in these systems in order for girls who use COCOdirect to get credit for the cookies that they sell. If you have not entered your girls into the system, please wait for the upload and then check to make sure that everything is correct. If you have already entered your girl information, then please check Snap after the upload to make sure there are not duplicates.
Girls should use their first and last names in COCO. If the girl’s name in COCO is not aligned to her name in Snap, please have her change it to match what is in Snap. See the troop Answer Book on page 12 for more details. If you have trouble or see any discrepancies in Snap, please let us know.
· Gluten Free Cookies still available to qualifying troops. If you are interested, please contact your Product Sales & Finance Specialist. If after the sale starts you run out and need more, please let us know.They are available on a first come first serve basis.
· Buy 5 Get 5 Promotion: Your customer will qualify to have their name placed in a drawing if they purchase five packages of cookies in a single transaction. We have just a few details to work out yet so that this promotion will run smoothly for all. Please watch the blog for full details prior to the sale start date. Thanks for your patience!
· The USDA, Nutrition & Smart Snack Standards: Selling Girl Scout Cookies at School: The USDA recently released a document regarding fundraisers at school of items which do not meet their Smart Snack Standards. This, alas, does include Girl Scout cookies and they are specifically named in the document. Please read on for more information.
January 26, 2015 at 04:48pm
We are so excited to present a full line-up of fun and exciting sessions for this year's Kaleidoscope, happening May 2, 2015. More information can be found on the Kaleidoscope page. If you would like copies of the brochure and registration form mailed to you, please email Hannah McCabe at firstname.lastname@example.org.