Shop & Office Hours
The latest news for Girl Scouts in Bemidji, Hibbing, and surrounding areas. Do you have something to share? Contact any member of our Regional Team.
January 22, 2015 at 09:57pm
The President's Volunteer Service Award recognizes United States citizens who have achieved the required number of hours of service over a 12-month time period or cumulative hours over the course of a lifetime. To qualify, youth volunteers simply submit a record of their service hours to YSA, and they verify the service and award the PVSA. Girls may apply the time they spend on a Take Action project, including the Girl Scout Bronze, Silver or Gold Award, toward the Preseident's Volunteer Service Award. For details, visit http://www.ysa.org/pvsa.
January 16, 2015 at 04:34pm
Stars on Ice | xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN | Sunday, March 22 | 4 pm | $13.50 per person (reg. $27.50)
Girl Scouts and their families are invited to the 2015 Stars on Ice "Dancing for Joy" Tour, celebrating our love of dancing on ice with many of the top medalists of the past two Winter Olympic games. This year's tour features 2014 Olympic Ice Dance Gold Medalists Meryl Davis and Charlie White, who captured the hearts of fans with their near perfect performances in Sochi last February. Click on Stars on Ice for ticket info and special incentives for large groups.
December 11, 2014 at 10:52am
Worlds Toughest Rodeo | January 31, 2015 | Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN | Girl Scouts and their families | Orders due January 21 and are based on ticket availability | Ticket prices range from $10.25 to $25.25 for youth 12 and under, adult discounted tickets $13 to $43
Hang on to your cowgirl hasts for a special Girl Scout Saturday Night Rodeo at the Xcel Energy Center! The special offer includes a ticket and access to the "Cowgirl Camp" prior to the rodeao (5:30-6:30 PM. Girl Scouts will also receive a patch. Download the event flyer here or go to excelenergycenter.com/girlscouts. For more information call 651-312-3486.
November 11, 2014 at 02:12pm
Coming February 6-8, 2015: Get out and explore the winter wonderland we call home! Use the gear at Camp Shingobee Timbers or bring your own to snowshoe, ski, sled, and skate your way to a winter adventure. Let’s have some “Frozen” fun! Pin the carrot on Olaf, make frozen popcorn, and have Karaoke time with your favorite Elsa and Anna songs. Activities dependent on weather.
3 choices: Friday overnight, Saturday day program and Saturday overnight.
Questions? Contact Amanda Morrow at 218-302-3182 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
November 4, 2014 at 01:33pm
Girls in grades 2-5 join the Headwaters Science Center on December 5-6 from 6pm to 9am for a rocket ride to outer space. Star gaze under the Star lab dome then calculate the trajectory on a rocket YOU build and take home. Plus, girls explore the HSC exhibit floor and gift show, and finish the evening with a movie and popcorn. Cost includes snack, light breakfast, and activity patch. Cost is $32 girl, $8 adult. Register by November, 21.
November 3, 2014 at 01:16pm
Scout and 4-H Ski Days | December 20 & 21, 2014, March 7, 2015 | Buena Vista Ski Area, Bemidji MN | All Girl Scouts and their families | $17 Lift Ticket | $12 Ski Rental | $20 Board Rental | Reservations reccomended
All Girl Scouts and their families are invited to the slopes of Buena Vista Ski Area north of Bemidji. To make a reservation, call 218-243-2231 or contact email@example.com. Additional details at www.bvskiarea.com or click here.
October 27, 2014 at 12:19pm
Sunday, November 2nd
Bemidji waterfront and downtown
This year’s Capitol Christmas Tree will be harvested from Chippewa National Forest, and Girl Scouts are invited to be part of the celebration. Area Girl Scout troops are invited to lead an ornament making activity to be held at the Senior Center. For more information check out the Chamber of Commerce website here: http://business.bemidji.org/events/details/2014-bemidji-tree-to-dc-12041.
October 17, 2014 at 12:51pm
March 7, 2015
Join us for a special day dedicated to Daisy through Ambassador Girl Scouts. Wear your sash, vest or Girl Scout pin and be admitted for a discount ($9 per girl and $13 leader).
Additional family members pay regular admission. Zoo memberships will be honored. Parking for non-members is $7.00 per car.
No registration necessary.
There will also be special activity stations from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. designed for various levels of scouts. All scouts can earn an exclusive Minnesota Zoo patch by completing an activity sheet during their visit (patches cost $3.00).
Sign up for a Girl Scout Day badge station for 2015!
Hosts Needed! Tables are available for scouts who would like to host their own activity station. Those hosting a station (maximum of five scouts per station) will earn a free patch for participating and be admitted free! Please plan on hosting your station from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
For more information call 952.431.9331.
Scout Activity Packets – We also have Daisy/Brownie and Junior/Cadette Girl Scout Activity Packets available online. Click here to print copies. Scouts will want to print a packet if they wish to do the Activity Packet on Scout Day. Please be green and share a copy with a person or two.
October 8, 2014 at 03:16pm
Do you know a girl who has completed an exceptional volunteer project? Encourage her to check out the Prudential Spirit of Community Award! Girl Scouts in grades 5 through 12 who are making a difference through volunteer service are eligible for this prestigious award, which includes up to $11,000 in prize, scholarship, and DC-travel money combined.
Click here to apply. The deadline November 4 deadline is just around the corner!
Questions? Please contact Amanda Morrow, program specialist, at 218-302-3182 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 30, 2015 at 04:06pm
· REMEMBER: ~On your Honor~ Girls can begin taking cookie orders on Monday, February 9th. No cookies will be available for delivery to customers until February 14th. Please be a sister to every Girl Scout by adhering to these dates and keeping it fair for all. Thank you.
· New Council Cookie Cupboard Locations:
DULUTH - 500 S 59th Ave West, Duluth
WAITE PARK - 230 2nd Ave S, Waite Park
Complete list of cookie cupboard locations coming soon.
· Cookie Booth Updates:
Due to the Cub Foods Booth Sales agreement, booth sales will be allowed throughout the council beginning on February 19th instead of February 20th. Go for it! :)
When entering booths in Snap, please do not enter your troop for the Cub Foods locations, as a Requested Cookie Booth. These are part of the Cookie Booth Lottery. Lottery details have been sent through Snap email to troops in areas which have the lottery.
For troops in areas which are not part of the lottery or for booths not included in the lottery, please schedule cookie booths on your own. Once you have your booths scheduled, please help us help your troop by entering all of your booths in Snap so we can upload them to the Cookie Finder. This helps to drive additional customers to your booth sale. Remember, they won’t find you if they don’t know about your sale.
· Cookie Delivery throughout the council begins February 9th. Shipping schedules have been sent to Community Product Sales Managers. For troops that placed an Initial Order, please be in touch with your Community Product Sales Manager to find out when your cookies will arrive.
· The Girl Upload is coming to Snap! On February 9th we will upload girl data from our membership system into Snap. This year we need for girls to be listed exactly the same in our membership system, Snap, and COCO. The girl data must be in sync in these systems in order for girls who use COCOdirect to get credit for the cookies that they sell. If you have not entered your girls into the system, please wait for the upload and then check to make sure that everything is correct. If you have already entered your girl information, then please check Snap after the upload to make sure there are not duplicates.
Girls should use their first and last names in COCO. If the girl’s name in COCO is not aligned to her name in Snap, please have her change it to match what is in Snap. See the troop Answer Book on page 12 for more details. If you have trouble or see any discrepancies in Snap, please let us know.
· Gluten Free Cookies still available to qualifying troops. If you are interested, please contact your Product Sales & Finance Specialist. If after the sale starts you run out and need more, please let us know.They are available on a first come first serve basis.
· Buy 5 Get 5 Promotion: Your customer will qualify to have their name placed in a drawing if they purchase five packages of cookies in a single transaction. We have just a few details to work out yet so that this promotion will run smoothly for all. Please watch the blog for full details prior to the sale start date. Thanks for your patience!
· The USDA, Nutrition & Smart Snack Standards: Selling Girl Scout Cookies at School: The USDA recently released a document regarding fundraisers at school of items which do not meet their Smart Snack Standards. This, alas, does include Girl Scout cookies and they are specifically named in the document. Please read on for more information.
January 9, 2015 at 04:42pm
· We have a new Product Sales and Finance Specialist for Regions 1 & 2! April Rasmussen is now officially on board and working at the Duluth office. Please take a moment to welcome her. We are excited to have her here in time for the 2015 Cookie Sale!
Cookie Sale –
· SNAP ARCHIVE REPORTS. ABC is currently working to fix an issue with their Snap Archive Reports. If you need to see a copy of your troop’s Initial Order Report from last year prior to placing this year’s initial order, please contact your Product Sales and Finance Specialist and we will get a copy to you. Hopefully they will get this fixed quickly!
· Cookie Cupboard Locations/Help Needed. The council is currently looking to secure locations for council cookie cupboards in Duluth and Waite Park/St. Cloud. If you are aware of the perfect location, let us know! We are also looking to hire temporary cookie cupboard employees at both council cupboard locations. Flexible hours optional. Please contact Vickie Strobel (320-247-4568) if you can assist us with either a cupboard location or would like to apply to work during the cookie sale. THANK YOU!
Keep Reading for more important Cookie Sale updates!
January 9, 2015 at 12:31pm
Caitlin Cowan leader for troop 15046 in Minneapolis says, "We'll purchase a large number of Milkweed seed packets from SaveOurMonarchs.org Save and then set up tables at neighborhood festivals this spring to teach people about monarchs and the girls will hand out seed packets."
SaveOurMonarchs.org distributes Milkweed seed packets to help to save the Monarch Butterfly from extinction. Milkweed is the ONLY sustenance that the Monarch caterpillar can consume.
Troop 15046 is working to save monarachs as the project for their Bronze Award. They are trying to raise awarness and invite other Girl Scout troops to do the same. For more information or to join them in their campaign contact Caitlin Cowan at 612-385-2331or by email at email@example.com.
January 9, 2015 at 11:56am
Girl Scouts have been invited to come and lead the pledge of allegiance at an upcoming Bemidji Axeman game! The currently have the following games available for Girl Scouts to participate:
Sunday February 8th
Saturday February 28th
Friday March 13th
Saturday March 21st
Saturday April 18th
Saturday May 2nd
Sunday May 31st
Participation includes a complimentary ticket to the girls. If there is more then ten family members or friends that also wish to attend they can also offer a discounted ticket to them as well.
They do ask that there is a minimum of one adult per four children.
To sign up or if you have any questions contact Sam Navratil at 952-358-1084 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
January 7, 2015 at 02:19pm
Get out and explore the winter wonderland we call home! Use the gear at Camp Shingobee Timbers or bring your own to snowshoe, ski, sled, and skate your way to a winter adventure. Let’s have some “Frozen” fun! Pin the carrot on Olaf, make frozen popcorn, and have Karaoke time with your favorite Elsa and Anna songs. Activities dependent on weather.
3 choices: Friday overnight, Saturday day program and Saturday overnight. Deadline is January 23, 2015.
Questions? Contact Amanda Morrow at 218-302-3182 or email@example.com.
December 30, 2014 at 03:56pm
Join us for one of our upcoming cookie rallies! Girl can take part in games like cookie twister and a cookie relay along with creating their own cookie charm bracelet, SWAP and more. We are also VERY excited to announce that our Girl Scout traveling shop will be on hand too! Rallies will take place in Grand Rapids on Friday, January 30th from 6-8pm at Zion Lutheran Church and Saturday, January 31st in Gilbert from 10am-12pm at the Gilbert Community Center. Cost is $5 per girl, adults free. If you have questions, contact Kelsey Parker at 800-955-6032 ext. 9051.
October 2, 2012 at 09:04am
Fall registration has been going well. Thank you to all of the new and returning leaders. Without you there wouldn’t be Girl Scouts!
September 11, 2012 at 04:22pm
Fall is upon us and that means Girl Scout registration nights are happening across our council. Be sure to check our website to find a sign up date in your region. If you've already signed up, that's great! Your girls leader will be contacting you soon. Is your girl wanting to be a part of Girl Scouts but she wants to participate in other ways besides being in a troop? Check out additional ways for girls to be involved. They're called pathways. Learn more at www.gslakesandpines.org
August 15, 2012 at 03:03pm
Hello to Region 1 volunteers and families! Girl Scouts of MN and WI Lakes and Pines has launched regional blogs to give us all an easy way to pass along timely updates and to stay connected to one another. You will see two categories in our Region 1 blog. One is geared towards adult volunteers and the other one for family updates such as upcoming events and programs. We hope you find this a useful communcations tool, and that you share your own updates and questions as this blog develops and grows. We hope to hear from you!
Your Region 1 staff,
Tricia, Denise, Becky and Keri Lynn