Shop & Office Hours
All offices closed:
The latest news for Girl Scouts in Bemidji, Hibbing, and surrounding areas. Do you have something to share? Contact any member of our Regional Team.
December 11, 2014 at 10:52am
Worlds Toughest Rodeo | January 31, 2015 | Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN | Girl Scouts and their families | Orders due January 21 and are based on ticket availability | Ticket prices range from $10.25 to $25.25 for youth 12 and under, adult discounted tickets $13 to $43
Hang on to your cowgirl hasts for a special Girl Scout Saturday Night Rodeo at the Xcel Energy Center! The special offer includes a ticket and access to the "Cowgirl Camp" prior to the rodeao (5:30-6:30 PM. Girl Scouts will also receive a patch. Download the event flyer here or go to excelenergycenter.com/girlscouts. For more information call 651-312-3486.
December 8, 2014 at 12:10pm
Don't miss out on Snow Much Fun at the beautiful Buena Vista Ski area in Bemidji! This overnight program allows girl to decide whether to take part in a skiing or snowboard adventure--they decide! Girls will also get to check out the Lumbejack Hall of Fame before heading out to play in the snow. PLUS as an added incentive all participants who register for this program will be entered into a drawing for 2 free passes to Buena Vista!
For more information on this program click here.
December 5, 2014 at 03:19pm
Do you like to touch and even hold animals--soft ones, scaly ones, feathered ones, and more? At this sleepover you'll get to learn all about what makes animals, birds, and insects special. Pets, woodland creatures, endangered species...staff from the Headwaters Science Center have all kinds of fun activities planned for this overnight.
Featured Furry Friend: BATS!
Find out why bats are so awesome, and you'll even get to play a bat game!
Click here for more info.
Sign up by January 9, 2015! You can come as a troop, or girls can attend on their own with an adult chaperone.
Registration form (printable) or Register Online
November 12, 2014 at 11:33am
The Girls Night Out Sneak Peek scheduled for November 15 in Superior, WI is full and registration is closed for this event! Registrations will not be accepted at the door since we have reached capacity. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
There are still a few spots available for girls in grades 4 and up who are interested in the overnight option only. For more information and to register, click here.
November 11, 2014 at 02:12pm
Coming February 6-8, 2015: Get out and explore the winter wonderland we call home! Use the gear at Camp Shingobee Timbers or bring your own to snowshoe, ski, sled, and skate your way to a winter adventure. Let’s have some “Frozen” fun! Pin the carrot on Olaf, make frozen popcorn, and have Karaoke time with your favorite Elsa and Anna songs. Activities dependent on weather.
3 choices: Friday overnight, Saturday day program and Saturday overnight.
Questions? Contact Amanda Morrow at 218-302-3182 or email@example.com.
November 4, 2014 at 01:33pm
Girls in grades 2-5 join the Headwaters Science Center on December 5-6 from 6pm to 9am for a rocket ride to outer space. Star gaze under the Star lab dome then calculate the trajectory on a rocket YOU build and take home. Plus, girls explore the HSC exhibit floor and gift show, and finish the evening with a movie and popcorn. Cost includes snack, light breakfast, and activity patch. Cost is $32 girl, $8 adult. Register by November, 21.
November 3, 2014 at 01:16pm
Scout and 4-H Ski Days | December 20 & 21, 2014, March 7, 2015 | Buena Vista Ski Area, Bemidji MN | All Girl Scouts and their families | $17 Lift Ticket | $12 Ski Rental | $20 Board Rental | Reservations reccomended
All Girl Scouts and their families are invited to the slopes of Buena Vista Ski Area north of Bemidji. To make a reservation, call 218-243-2231 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional details at www.bvskiarea.com or click here.
October 27, 2014 at 12:19pm
Sunday, November 2nd
Bemidji waterfront and downtown
This year’s Capitol Christmas Tree will be harvested from Chippewa National Forest, and Girl Scouts are invited to be part of the celebration. Area Girl Scout troops are invited to lead an ornament making activity to be held at the Senior Center. For more information check out the Chamber of Commerce website here: http://business.bemidji.org/events/details/2014-bemidji-tree-to-dc-12041.
October 17, 2014 at 12:51pm
March 7, 2015
Join us for a special day dedicated to Daisy through Ambassador Girl Scouts. Wear your sash, vest or Girl Scout pin and be admitted for a discount ($9 per girl and $13 leader).
Additional family members pay regular admission. Zoo memberships will be honored. Parking for non-members is $7.00 per car.
No registration necessary.
There will also be special activity stations from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. designed for various levels of scouts. All scouts can earn an exclusive Minnesota Zoo patch by completing an activity sheet during their visit (patches cost $3.00).
Sign up for a Girl Scout Day badge station for 2015!
Hosts Needed! Tables are available for scouts who would like to host their own activity station. Those hosting a station (maximum of five scouts per station) will earn a free patch for participating and be admitted free! Please plan on hosting your station from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
For more information call 952.431.9331.
Scout Activity Packets – We also have Daisy/Brownie and Junior/Cadette Girl Scout Activity Packets available online. Click here to print copies. Scouts will want to print a packet if they wish to do the Activity Packet on Scout Day. Please be green and share a copy with a person or two.
December 15, 2014 at 03:23pm
Calling all Brownies and Juniors! Join your fellow Girl Scouts for a fun weekend getaway this summer to the Twin Cities. YOU get to help decide what we will do during our time together. We could visit the Science or Mill City Museum, check out the animals at the zoo, attend a Twins game, shop at the Mall of America, go swimming, take a group photo at the Sculpture garden, have a picnic, the choices are endless! Register by March 1st to vote on our locations during the trip.
For all the details click here!
December 15, 2014 at 10:54am
Ice Castles | Eden Prairie, MN | All Ages | Admission $6.95-$12.95, kids 3 and under free | Opens December 26 |
Imagine a magical collision of the Apostle Island ice caves, frozen waterfalls, and glaciers, formed into towering organic archways, tunnels, canyons and thrones. By day this frozen wonderland glimmers with glacial blues and frosty whites. After dark the ice formations cast a multi-colored glow with the help of thousands of LED lights embedded within the ice. Experience Ice Castles with your family or Girl Scout troop! Visit www.icecastles.com for fees, hours and directions. Groups of 11 or larger may contact email@example.com for group rates. For more information contact Amanda Roseth, director of event operations, at 952-240-9316 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
December 15, 2014 at 10:03am
Do you like animal adventures? How about travelling? If so, the Sneak Peek Pajama Party and Girls’ Night Out events at the Irongate Plaza in Hibbing will be right up your alley! Girls in grades K-3 join us for the Sneak Peek event featuring the Duluth Zoomobile! Then get ready to dance your socks off at the Girls’ Only dance party.
Girls in grades 4-12 join us for the 33rd annual Girls’ Night Out event where we will do crafts and activities from some of our upcoming Girl Scout travel locations. Enjoy making your own Chicago Style hot dog, sip on some Georgia Peach Lemonade, make our own travel kit, upcycle an old Girl Scout t-shirt into your own drawstring travel bag, make a Hawaiian Lei and more!
December 1, 2014 at 04:33pm
Fall Product Sale –
· The Fall Product Sale is wrapping up nicely. The council ACH debits troop accounts for the full balance due on December 10th. Troops need to make sure to have their Fall Sale money deposited in their account this week for this debit.
· If a troop is having difficulty collecting money from a family, the troop needs to fill out the F-10 Outstanding Money Report and let Product Sales & Finance know by this Friday, December 5th so that we have time to make the adjustment to the troop’s debit amount. (Please be aware that all council staff will be out of the office at an all staff meeting on December 3-4 and our offices will be closed, but we will be back on December 5 so feel free to email/call Product Sales staff if you have an issue and we will follow up upon return.)
· If a troop has had any checks returned for the Fall Sale then they should fill out the Product Sales Returned Check Notification Form. This form should be completed and turned in as soon as a bad check is received as checks more than 60 days old will not be reimbursed.
· Kids found your private stash of Gummi Berries? The council has a limited amount of Fall Product left available for sale. Please contact us for details.
· We need to hear from you! Please fill out the Fall Product Sale evaluation form found in the back of your Fall Answer Book and return to the Waite Park Regional Center by January 9, 2015. Your feedback helps us to make changes and improve the sale for next year.
· Thank you again to everyone who helped to make the Fall Sale a success!
Cookie Sale –
· Thank you to everyone who was able to participate in one of our council cookie trainings so far. Due to the weather, the training at Camp Sanderson has been postponed to December 11th. Trainings are also available in Virginia (December 8) and Duluth (December 9). Please RSVP if you wish to attend or need more details. If the Virginia training does not reach at least ten yes RSVPS, this training will be cancelled. An online training will also be available beginning December 12th at www.abcsmartcookieu.com.
· In order to sign in to ABC Smart Cookie U, you must have a COCO login. The login and password will work at both www.abcsmartcookies.com and www.abcsmartcookieu.com. 1. Begin at www.abcsmartcookies.com and click on the COCO icon towards the bottom of the page. Then click on the Volunteer box. Scroll towards the bottom and login. 2. If you are a new user, click Register at the bottom of the screen. 3. If you are a returning user, your username is the full email address you used to create the account. If you cannot remember your password, please just create a new account.
· To login to ABC Smart Cookie U you will use your COCO login and password. Please allow 24-48 hours for COCO to upload to ABC Smart Cookie U before logging in the first time.
· Cookie Cupboard Locations/Help Needed. The council is currently looking to secure locations for council cookie cupboards in Duluth and Waite Park/St. Cloud. If you are aware of the perfect location, let us know! We are also looking to hire temporary cookie cupboard employees at both council cupboard locations. Flexible hours optional. Please contact Vickie Strobel (320-247-4568) if you can assist us with either a cupboard location or would like to apply to work during the cookie sale. THANK YOU!
November 4, 2014 at 02:42pm
COOKIE SALE PROGRAM
COOKIES arrived this week in the Council. Can you believe it? Cookie Sale Program trainings begin in just one week. Have you signed up yet? We suggest that at least one adult volunteer from each troop attend the training. It’s a great opportunity to learn valuable information, sample the cookies, and network with other volunteers.
· Camp Sanderson, Tuesday, November 11, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
· Brainerd, Thursday, November 13, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
· St. Cloud, Saturday, November 15, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon.
· Grand Rapids, Monday, December 8, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
· Duluth, Tuesday, December 9, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Please RSVP with your name, troop, service unit, town, email address and date/place attending to either Maureen Graham: email@example.com or 320.247.4571, or Jess Hoffmann: firstname.lastname@example.org or 320.247.4563. We will also have an online training available at www.smartcookieu.com beginning Friday, December 12. RSVP today. We look forward to hearing from you!
FALL PRODUCT SALE PROGRAM
THANK YOU to all who participated in any way in this year’s Fall Product Sale Program. The Council order has been sent to our Fall Sale vendor and delivery information has been sent to community product sales managers. Some
of the important sale dates remaining:
· Product delivery to service units: November 12 – 17
· Girls deliver product to customers: Beginning November 12
· Family Money due to troops: December 1
· Troop deposits money into troop account: by December 2
· Council debits troop account for 100% of balance due: December 10
Fall recognition awards are shipped to community product sales managers at the end of November/early December. Give recognitions to the girls after they have delivered products and turned in all money.
Questions about the Fall or Cookie Sale Programs? Contact your Product Sales and Finance Specialist.
September 29, 2014 at 04:07pm
The 2014 Fall Product Sale Program has begun, but it’s not too late to DIVE IN and BE ACTIVE!!! Girls can earn recognition credit until October 19 by selling nuts and chocolates, magazines and photo keepsakes. Troops earn 20% in proceeds on items sold; an easy way to gain start up funds for your troop! Interested? Contact your Product Sales and Finance Specialist today to get started.
Volunteers who took the Fall Product Sale Program Training received a certificate for FREE Digital Troop Photo Book for their troop. If you have tried to redeem your troop’s certificate and have gotten an error message – do not be alarmed. There are some delays as the vendor gets this exciting new program up and running. Missed one of the council’s in person Fall Sale Trainings and interested in receiving a certificate for a FREE Digital Troop Photo Book? Contact your Product Sales and Finance Specialist to find out how – while supplies last!
In search of excellent Express Cookie Cupboards! Looking ahead to the 2015 Cookie Sale Program, we find that there are a number of openings for Cookie Cupboards in our council. Consider volunteering to take on this vital role of our Cookie Sale. Hosting an Express Cookie Cupboard does not take a great space or time commitment. Receive a cookie shipment once a week during the sale, only when your area troops place a planned order and choose your cupboard as their pick up site. After delivery, troops come and pick up just the cookies that they ordered and there is not much more to do for the week. If troops do not place any orders that week, no cookies are delivered. And there is no additional product on hand to store! This volunteer position would be great for retired or work/stay-at-homes with internet access. Interested? Know someone who could host an Express Cupboard? Need more information? Contact your Product Sales and Finance Specialist.
Thank you to everyone who pre-ordered the new gluten free Trios cookie for the 2015 Cookie Sale. Did your troop miss the opportunity to place a pre-order and participate in this year’s pilot program? It’s not too late! We still have a limited number of cases available. Interested in participating in the Gluten Free Cookie Pilot Program? See all of the details on our website and contact us today!
October 2, 2012 at 09:04am
Fall registration has been going well. Thank you to all of the new and returning leaders. Without you there wouldn’t be Girl Scouts!
September 11, 2012 at 04:22pm
Fall is upon us and that means Girl Scout registration nights are happening across our council. Be sure to check our website to find a sign up date in your region. If you've already signed up, that's great! Your girls leader will be contacting you soon. Is your girl wanting to be a part of Girl Scouts but she wants to participate in other ways besides being in a troop? Check out additional ways for girls to be involved. They're called pathways. Learn more at www.gslakesandpines.org
August 15, 2012 at 03:03pm
Hello to Region 1 volunteers and families! Girl Scouts of MN and WI Lakes and Pines has launched regional blogs to give us all an easy way to pass along timely updates and to stay connected to one another. You will see two categories in our Region 1 blog. One is geared towards adult volunteers and the other one for family updates such as upcoming events and programs. We hope you find this a useful communcations tool, and that you share your own updates and questions as this blog develops and grows. We hope to hear from you!
Your Region 1 staff,
Tricia, Denise, Becky and Keri Lynn