Shop & Office Hours
Sept - May
Planning for Troop Year-End
With troop year-end approaching fast, we ask volunteers to allow at least two weeks for their shop orders to be fulfilled. That includes walk-in, email, and mail orders when items are not in stock. We know troop leaders are very busy, and we will work hard to get them items they need. However, when a customer breezes into the shop at 3:00 in the afternoon during the last half of May and expects to pick-up 17 of every badge and patch on her list, she’s probably going to end up being short badges for some girls at their 5:00 pm ceremony. Please plan ahead so girls get the awards they’ve earned on time.
Here’s a comprehensive listing of official awards and patches girls earn at each grade level that may be helpful. Find detailed order forms near the bottom of this page.
Girl Scout Resource Guide
The Girl Scout Leadership Experience is presented through age-level Journey books and the Girl's Guide to Girl Scouting. Learn how both parts of the national portfolio provide relevant, engaging Girl Scout adventures. Girls develop leadership skills while earning prestigous leadership awards and choose skill-building activities from a large variety of badges. The Girl Scout Resource Guide describes our complete collection of GSLE books and awards.
How does the Girl's Guide to Girl Scouting Work?
Everyone knows that Girl Scouts have badges. But the Girl's Guide to Girl Scouting has more than just exciting, new badges for every age level. Each guide contains:
- A colorful, easy-to-use binder specially designed for girls at each level. The binder comes chock full of essential information and badge activities—plus girls get to customize their own experience by choosing and adding in additional badge sets.
- Legacy, Financial Literacy, and Cookie Business badge activities—or, for Girl Scout Daisies, petal and leaf activities.
- A detailed diagram showing girls to place their badges, pins, or awards on their vests or sashes.
- Ideas to help girls tie their badges right into their Journeys.
- Vintage illustrations and quotes from Girl Scout history to help girls feel connected to the proud traditions of the past.
- An awards log showing girls every award and badge available at their level, as well as the entire badge program at every level, so girls can see how their skills will grow in Girl Scouting.
- Volunteer Tips for Using the Girl's Guide with Daisies, Brownies, and Juniors
- Volunteer Tips for Using the Girl's Guide with Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors
- How the National Girl Scout Program Porfolio Works
Here's a handy reference guide to our council shops!
What Every Girl Scout Volunteer Needs!
Did you know that all 18 Journey books for girls also have accompanying leader guides? “Facilitator Guides” offer meeting outlines, supply lists, and ways to actively involve girls in their Journey. Facilitator guides are packaged together with a girl’s Journey book; sets are just $11.25! Busy volunteers appreciate having a complete resource that makes preparing for meetings much easier. The Girl Scout Fall Catalog does not picture Journey Facilitator Sets, so please help spread the word that “yes, leader guides are available for all Journey books!”
The question has also been raised whether there are leader guides for the new Girl’s Guides to Girl Scouting. This time the answer is “no.” Girl’s Guides are written for girls, and it is hoped that adults will let girls take the lead in Girl’s Guide activities. Don’t keep the Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting for yourself! Share it with a girl!
To place an order by email: firstname.lastname@example.org