Shop & Office Hours
August 14, 2014 at 04:33pm
The Fall Product Sale is a great way to earn start-up funds for troop activities. Girls run their own business: taking orders for nuts, chocolates, and magazines beginning in mid-September and delivering products in late November. Troops earn 20% profit from sales plus girls earn recognitions for selling as few as 10 nut/chocolate items or 2 magazine subscriptions!
We've got some exciting changes to the Fall Product Sale program this year which can help girls increase sales and earn more troop profit!
Every troop who wants to sell Fall Product needs to have an adult volunteer participate in the Training. Volunteers can come to any of the six locations listed below.
Fall Product Training Options
· St. Cloud, MN, Rasmussen College, Wed, September 3, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
· Brainerd, MN, Public Library, Mon, September 8, 6:30-8:30 pm
· Bemidji, MN, United Methodist Church, Tues, September 9, 5:30-7:30 pm
· Spicer, MN, Camp Sanderson, Tues, September 9, 6:30-8:30 pm
· Mora, MN, United Methodist Church, Wed, September 10, 6:30-8:30 pm
· Duluth, MN, Ordean Building, Thurs, September 11, 6:00-8:30 pm
Please register today by clicking on the link on our calendar/home page, or contact your Product Sales and Finance Specialist for more information. We look forward to connecting with you and sharing more details about the 2014 Fall Product Sale!
Get Your Troop on Board to Sell Gluten Free Trios!
We are participating in ABC Bakers’ gluten free cookie pilot program in 2015. Last year’s gluten free cookie sold out quickly. Please sign up now so your troop can say, “Yes, we do offer gluten free cookies!”
July 17, 2014 at 03:58pm
Region 4 Volunteer Girl Scout Kick Off!
Monday, August 11, 2014
6:30-8pm (6pm - Light supper will be served.)
St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Alexandria – Great Hall
- Fall Recruitment Training -Community Recruitment Packets Distribution
- Important Product Sales and Program Updates
- Fall/Winter Regional Event & Training Calendar
Service Unit Managers, Community Coordinators and volunteers who assist with recruitment events in their community are welcomed and encouraged to attend. RSVP to Linda Bear at email@example.com by Monday, August 4. RSVP’s are needed for training and food planning. Directions to meeting location will be emailed one week prior to meeting.
July 1, 2014 at 10:43am
At Girl Scouts, it’s not just that you get to go – you get to go together. All your adventures are even more special because your friends are right by your side…imagine what you’ll do next year!
Why wait? Claim your spot for another year of fun!
Calling all Girl Scouts – girls and adults!
If you have yet to register for the new Girl Scout year, we ask that you be “on time” and renew your membership before October 1, 2014, the official start of the 2014-15 Girl Scout year.
2,063 girls and 627 adults participated in the Spring Jump Start Renewal Campaign. Girls participating earned their 2014-15 Jump Start patch for renewing their membership early by June 15. 177 Troop Leaders earned a Girl Scout shop gift certificate for a free Girl Scout polo shirt for registering their troop and submitting their updated troop roster.
Missed the Jump Start deadline for your troop?
Please read on….
Be “on-time” and renew your troop according to the guidelines below by September 1 to be entered into a troop drawing for a free Program on the Go for your Service Unit. (one winning troop per membership region)
“On Time” guidelines:
1. Dig out your Spring Jump Start Troop Packet mailed to all 01 Troop Leaders in early April or call your Region’s Membership Specialist for a re-print.
2. Complete the new and easy renewal by troop roster as instructed and submit with associated membership fees or register online at www.gslakesandpines.org and click on “Join Girl Scouts.”
3. If registering online, submit your updated roster indicating “online registration with date” to your Membership Specialist or to the Waite Park Regional Office.
4. Keep a copy of your completed Troop Roster for your records.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help!
June 30, 2014 at 03:39pm
Product Sales staff recently road tripped to Interbake Foods (ABC Bakers) in North Sioux City, SD to continue planning our next Cookie Sale Program. While there, we were able to see how our cookies are made. Interbake has 500 employees, and runs three shifts, six days a week. One third of what they make there is Girl Scout cookies. It’s no wonder we could smell Thin Mints when we walked in the building!
Summer is when we do most of our planning for the upcoming year for both the Fall and Cookie Sale programs. At this time we are beginning to contact our past Community Product Sales Managers (CPSM) and Cupboard Managers to see if they are willing to assist us this coming year with either the Fall or Cookie Sales or both. Thank you to all who have worked with us in the past – we hope you will continue to help girls with their upcoming product sales programs! So far we know of several openings around the council for these volunteer positions. If this is something you are interested in, please contact your Product Sales and Finance Specialist for more information.
Fall Product Sale Program dates have been set and there are some new changes to the program which we think will be helpful to troops.