Shop & Office Hours
All offices closed:
December 1, 2014 at 04:30pm
Fall Product Sale –
· The Fall Product Sale is wrapping up nicely. The council ACH debits troop accounts for the full balance due on December 10th. Troops need to make sure to have their Fall Sale money deposited in their account this week for this debit.
· If a troop is having difficulty collecting money from a family, the troop needs to fill out the F-10 Outstanding Money Report and let Product Sales & Finance know by this Friday, December 5th so that we have time to make the adjustment to the troop’s debit amount. (Please be aware that all council staff will be out of the office at an all staff meeting on December 3-4 and our offices will be closed, but we will be back on December 5 so feel free to email/call Product Sales staff if you have an issue and we will follow up upon return.)
· If a troop has had any checks returned for the Fall Sale then they should fill out the Product Sales Returned Check Notification Form. This form should be completed and turned in as soon as a bad check is received as checks more than 60 days old will not be reimbursed.
· Kids found your private stash of Gummi Berries? The council has a limited amount of Fall Product left available for sale. Please contact us for details.
· We need to hear from you! Please fill out the Fall Product Sale evaluation form found in the back of your Fall Answer Book and return to the Waite Park Regional Center by January 9, 2015. Your feedback helps us to make changes and improve the sale for next year.
· Thank you again to everyone who helped to make the Fall Sale a success!
Cookie Sale –
· Thank you to everyone who was able to participate in one of our council cookie trainings so far. Due to the weather, the training at Camp Sanderson has been postponed to December 11th. Trainings are also available in Virginia (December 8) and Duluth (December 9). Please RSVP if you wish to attend or need more details. If the Virginia training does not reach at least ten yes RSVPS, this training will be cancelled. An online training will also be available beginning December 12th at www.abcsmartcookieu.com.
· In order to sign in to ABC Smart Cookie U, you must have a COCO login. The login and password will work at both www.abcsmartcookies.com and www.abcsmartcookieu.com. 1. Begin at www.abcsmartcookies.com and click on the COCO icon towards the bottom of the page. Then click on the Volunteer box. Scroll towards the bottom and login. 2. If you are a new user, click Register at the bottom of the screen. 3. If you are a returning user, your username is the full email address you used to create the account. If you cannot remember your password, please just create a new account.
· To login to ABC Smart Cookie U you will use your COCO login and password. Please allow 24-48 hours for COCO to upload to ABC Smart Cookie U before logging in the first time.
· Cookie Cupboard Locations/Help Needed. The council is currently looking to secure locations for council cookie cupboards in Duluth and Waite Park/St. Cloud. If you are aware of the perfect location, let us know! We are also looking to hire temporary cookie cupboard employees at both council cupboard locations. Flexible hours optional. Please contact Vickie Strobel (320-247-4568) if you can assist us with either a cupboard location or would like to apply to work during the cookie sale. THANK YOU!
November 4, 2014 at 03:00pm
COOKIE SALE PROGRAM
COOKIES arrived this week in the Council. Can you believe it? Cookie Sale Program trainings begin in just one week. Have you signed up yet? We suggest that at least one adult volunteer from each troop attend the training. It’s a great opportunity to learn valuable information, sample the cookies, and network with other volunteers.
· Camp Sanderson, Tuesday, November 11, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
· Brainerd, Thursday, November 13, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
· St. Cloud, Saturday, November 15, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon.
· Grand Rapids, Monday, December 8, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
· Duluth, Tuesday, December 9, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Please RSVP with your name, troop, service unit, town, email address and date/place attending to either Maureen Graham: email@example.com or 320.247.4571, or Jess Hoffmann: firstname.lastname@example.org or 320.247.4563. We will also have an online training available at www.smartcookieu.com beginning Friday, December 12. RSVP today. We look forward to hearing from you!
FALL PRODUCT SALE PROGRAM
THANK YOU to all who participated in any way in this year’s Fall Product Sale Program. The Council order has been sent to our Fall Sale vendor and delivery information has been sent to community product sales managers. Some of the important sale dates remaining:
· Product delivery to service units: November 12 – 17
· Girls deliver product to customers: Beginning November 12
· Family Money due to troops: December 1
· Troop deposits money into troop account: by December 2
· Council debits troop account for 100% of balance due: December 10
Fall recognition awards are shipped to community product sales managers at the end of November/early December. Give recognitions to the girls after they have delivered products and turned in all money.
Questions about the Fall or Cookie Sale Programs? Contact your Product Sales and Finance Specialist.
October 30, 2014 at 08:38am
Join Bonnie and some of her Women of Today Friends who are helping facilitate the BFF at the Teen Center in Mora. This BFF has a bonus as it includes a component on careers!
Contact Bonnie with questions please register by Nov 17-Hope to see you there!
This BFF is an overnight adventure. BFF stands for Be A Friend First!
When a girl is bullied, she feels alone.
When a girl sees someone else being bullied, she feels helpless.
But you have the power to change that!
Sign up today for the BFF (Be a Friend First) series and learn to:
_ Recognize bullying
_ Deal with mean girls and cliques
_ Be a better friend
October 29, 2014 at 10:17am
While you are wrapping up your Fall Sale, take a peek at our travel opportunities (http://www.gslakesandpines.org/files/4281.pdf), and see where Girl Scouts can take you! Girls can use Cookie Dough, Adventure Points and the money their troop earns toward a trip!
Our council group of both National Delegates as well as visitors just returned from their trip to Salt Lake City, Utah for the 53rd National Convention. The National Convention happens every three years, and we hope that you include the 2017 Convention in Columbus, Ohio in your troop’s plans. Every three years, Girl Scouts from all over the world gather together in sisterhood to share their passions, learn new skills and decide the future of Girl Scouting! Mark your calendars and register today!
To celebrate Juliette Gordon Low’s birthday this month, try out some of these fun ideas; play a game that Juliette would have played
as a girl—try charades or telephone; bake your own Girl Scout cookies, like girls did decades ago; learn more about Juliette and put on a skit for your troop; or throw a birthday party for Juliette!