Shop & Office Hours
All offices closed:
December 15, 2014 at 03:23pm
Calling all Brownies and Juniors! Join your fellow Girl Scouts for a fun weekend getaway this summer to the Twin Cities. YOU get to help decide what we will do during our time together. We could visit the Science or Mill City Museum, check out the animals at the zoo, attend a Twins game, shop at the Mall of America, go swimming, take a group photo at the Sculpture garden, have a picnic, the choices are endless! Register by March 1st to vote on our locations during the trip.
For all the details click here!
December 15, 2014 at 10:54am
Ice Castles | Eden Prairie, MN | All Ages | Admission $6.95-$12.95, kids 3 and under free | Opens December 26 |
Imagine a magical collision of the Apostle Island ice caves, frozen waterfalls, and glaciers, formed into towering organic archways, tunnels, canyons and thrones. By day this frozen wonderland glimmers with glacial blues and frosty whites. After dark the ice formations cast a multi-colored glow with the help of thousands of LED lights embedded within the ice. Experience Ice Castles with your family or Girl Scout troop! Visit www.icecastles.com for fees, hours and directions. Groups of 11 or larger may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for group rates. For more information contact Amanda Roseth, director of event operations, at 952-240-9316 or email@example.com.
December 15, 2014 at 10:03am
Do you like animal adventures? How about travelling? If so, the Sneak Peek Pajama Party and Girls’ Night Out events at the Irongate Plaza in Hibbing will be right up your alley! Girls in grades K-3 join us for the Sneak Peek event featuring the Duluth Zoomobile! Then get ready to dance your socks off at the Girls’ Only dance party.
Girls in grades 4-12 join us for the 33rd annual Girls’ Night Out event where we will do crafts and activities from some of our upcoming Girl Scout travel locations. Enjoy making your own Chicago Style hot dog, sip on some Georgia Peach Lemonade, make our own travel kit, upcycle an old Girl Scout t-shirt into your own drawstring travel bag, make a Hawaiian Lei and more!
December 1, 2014 at 04:33pm
Fall Product Sale –
· The Fall Product Sale is wrapping up nicely. The council ACH debits troop accounts for the full balance due on December 10th. Troops need to make sure to have their Fall Sale money deposited in their account this week for this debit.
· If a troop is having difficulty collecting money from a family, the troop needs to fill out the F-10 Outstanding Money Report and let Product Sales & Finance know by this Friday, December 5th so that we have time to make the adjustment to the troop’s debit amount. (Please be aware that all council staff will be out of the office at an all staff meeting on December 3-4 and our offices will be closed, but we will be back on December 5 so feel free to email/call Product Sales staff if you have an issue and we will follow up upon return.)
· If a troop has had any checks returned for the Fall Sale then they should fill out the Product Sales Returned Check Notification Form. This form should be completed and turned in as soon as a bad check is received as checks more than 60 days old will not be reimbursed.
· Kids found your private stash of Gummi Berries? The council has a limited amount of Fall Product left available for sale. Please contact us for details.
· We need to hear from you! Please fill out the Fall Product Sale evaluation form found in the back of your Fall Answer Book and return to the Waite Park Regional Center by January 9, 2015. Your feedback helps us to make changes and improve the sale for next year.
· Thank you again to everyone who helped to make the Fall Sale a success!
Cookie Sale –
· Thank you to everyone who was able to participate in one of our council cookie trainings so far. Due to the weather, the training at Camp Sanderson has been postponed to December 11th. Trainings are also available in Virginia (December 8) and Duluth (December 9). Please RSVP if you wish to attend or need more details. If the Virginia training does not reach at least ten yes RSVPS, this training will be cancelled. An online training will also be available beginning December 12th at www.abcsmartcookieu.com.
· In order to sign in to ABC Smart Cookie U, you must have a COCO login. The login and password will work at both www.abcsmartcookies.com and www.abcsmartcookieu.com. 1. Begin at www.abcsmartcookies.com and click on the COCO icon towards the bottom of the page. Then click on the Volunteer box. Scroll towards the bottom and login. 2. If you are a new user, click Register at the bottom of the screen. 3. If you are a returning user, your username is the full email address you used to create the account. If you cannot remember your password, please just create a new account.
· To login to ABC Smart Cookie U you will use your COCO login and password. Please allow 24-48 hours for COCO to upload to ABC Smart Cookie U before logging in the first time.
· Cookie Cupboard Locations/Help Needed. The council is currently looking to secure locations for council cookie cupboards in Duluth and Waite Park/St. Cloud. If you are aware of the perfect location, let us know! We are also looking to hire temporary cookie cupboard employees at both council cupboard locations. Flexible hours optional. Please contact Vickie Strobel (320-247-4568) if you can assist us with either a cupboard location or would like to apply to work during the cookie sale. THANK YOU!
November 4, 2014 at 02:42pm
COOKIE SALE PROGRAM
COOKIES arrived this week in the Council. Can you believe it? Cookie Sale Program trainings begin in just one week. Have you signed up yet? We suggest that at least one adult volunteer from each troop attend the training. It’s a great opportunity to learn valuable information, sample the cookies, and network with other volunteers.
· Camp Sanderson, Tuesday, November 11, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
· Brainerd, Thursday, November 13, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
· St. Cloud, Saturday, November 15, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon.
· Grand Rapids, Monday, December 8, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
· Duluth, Tuesday, December 9, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Please RSVP with your name, troop, service unit, town, email address and date/place attending to either Maureen Graham: firstname.lastname@example.org or 320.247.4571, or Jess Hoffmann: email@example.com or 320.247.4563. We will also have an online training available at www.smartcookieu.com beginning Friday, December 12. RSVP today. We look forward to hearing from you!
FALL PRODUCT SALE PROGRAM
THANK YOU to all who participated in any way in this year’s Fall Product Sale Program. The Council order has been sent to our Fall Sale vendor and delivery information has been sent to community product sales managers. Some
of the important sale dates remaining:
· Product delivery to service units: November 12 – 17
· Girls deliver product to customers: Beginning November 12
· Family Money due to troops: December 1
· Troop deposits money into troop account: by December 2
· Council debits troop account for 100% of balance due: December 10
Fall recognition awards are shipped to community product sales managers at the end of November/early December. Give recognitions to the girls after they have delivered products and turned in all money.
Questions about the Fall or Cookie Sale Programs? Contact your Product Sales and Finance Specialist.
September 29, 2014 at 04:07pm
The 2014 Fall Product Sale Program has begun, but it’s not too late to DIVE IN and BE ACTIVE!!! Girls can earn recognition credit until October 19 by selling nuts and chocolates, magazines and photo keepsakes. Troops earn 20% in proceeds on items sold; an easy way to gain start up funds for your troop! Interested? Contact your Product Sales and Finance Specialist today to get started.
Volunteers who took the Fall Product Sale Program Training received a certificate for FREE Digital Troop Photo Book for their troop. If you have tried to redeem your troop’s certificate and have gotten an error message – do not be alarmed. There are some delays as the vendor gets this exciting new program up and running. Missed one of the council’s in person Fall Sale Trainings and interested in receiving a certificate for a FREE Digital Troop Photo Book? Contact your Product Sales and Finance Specialist to find out how – while supplies last!
In search of excellent Express Cookie Cupboards! Looking ahead to the 2015 Cookie Sale Program, we find that there are a number of openings for Cookie Cupboards in our council. Consider volunteering to take on this vital role of our Cookie Sale. Hosting an Express Cookie Cupboard does not take a great space or time commitment. Receive a cookie shipment once a week during the sale, only when your area troops place a planned order and choose your cupboard as their pick up site. After delivery, troops come and pick up just the cookies that they ordered and there is not much more to do for the week. If troops do not place any orders that week, no cookies are delivered. And there is no additional product on hand to store! This volunteer position would be great for retired or work/stay-at-homes with internet access. Interested? Know someone who could host an Express Cupboard? Need more information? Contact your Product Sales and Finance Specialist.
Thank you to everyone who pre-ordered the new gluten free Trios cookie for the 2015 Cookie Sale. Did your troop miss the opportunity to place a pre-order and participate in this year’s pilot program? It’s not too late! We still have a limited number of cases available. Interested in participating in the Gluten Free Cookie Pilot Program? See all of the details on our website and contact us today!
September 19, 2014 at 11:19am
Join us for a fall festival Saturday, October 4th from 1:30-4:30 at Pla-Mor Roller Rink located at 1422 E. Hwy 169 in Grand Rapids! This event is open to all girls in grades K-12. The cost is $5 per girl, adults free. Girls new to Girl Scouts will pay a registration fee of $15; scholarships are available.
Birthday cake and punch will be served as we also celebrate the birthday of Juliette Gordon Low, the woman who started Girl Scouts! Adult volunteer information and training will also be available. To sign up RSVP by Wednesday, October 1 to Becky Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 218-308-8880. We hope to see you there!
September 9, 2014 at 04:03pm
Girls and families are invited to attend the Bemidji Dance Party on Thursday, September 18th from 6-7:30pm at Bemidji Middle School. Girls will dance the night away and families will have the chance to learn what being in Girl Scouts is all about! Don't miss out on this free event open to all girls in grades K-12. For more details click here. We hope to see you there!
August 25, 2014 at 08:39am
Health Habits | Journey Cpmpanion Resource | Gir Scout Daisies, Brownies and Juniors | downloadable for free
With summer winding down, families are beginning to plan their back to school routines and get ready for Fall. For troop leaders and volunteers, it’s a natural time to plan for the year ahead and look at incorporating new activities into troop meetings.
Using the Healthy Habits Journeys companion booklets, it’s easy to find fun, practical ways to bring healthy living into the scouting experience for Daisies, Brownies, and Juniors. The booklets contain tips and activities that correspond to the “It’s Your Planet – Love it!” Journeys. They are free to download and available in Spanish too!
Download your copy of the free Healthy Habits booklets using this link: http://www.girlscouts.org/program/journeys/booklets/
Across the nation, rain or shine, sun or snow, troops have used the Healthy Habits booklets to add easy and engaging activities that encourage nutritious eating and physical activity. For inspiration, check out their stories here: http://www.girlscouts.org/program/journeys/booklets/slideshows/
August 15, 2014 at 12:35pm
The Fall Product Sale is a great way to earn start-up funds for troop activities. Girls run their own business: taking orders for nuts, chocolates, and magazines beginning in mid-September and delivering products in late November. Troops earn 20% profit from sales plus girls earn recognitions for selling as few as 10 nut/chocolate items or 2 magazine subscriptions!
We've got some exciting changes to the Fall Product Sale program this year which can help girls increase sales and earn more troop profit!
Every troop who wants to sell Fall Product needs to have an adult volunteer participate in the Training. Volunteers can come to any of the six locations listed below.
Fall Product Training Options
· St. Cloud, MN, Rasmussen College, Wed, September 3, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
· Brainerd, MN, Public Library, Mon, September 8, 6:30-8:30 pm
· Bemidji, MN, United Methodist Church, Tues, September 9, 5:30-7:30 pm
· Spicer, MN, Camp Sanderson, Tues, September 9, 6:30-8:30 pm
· Mora, MN, United Methodist Church, Wed, September 10, 6:30-8:30 pm
· Duluth, MN, Ordean Building, Thurs, September 11, 6:00-8:30 pm
Please register today by clicking on the link on our calendar/home page, or contact your Product Sales and Finance Specialist for more information. We look forward to connecting with you and sharing more details about the 2014 Fall Product Sale!
Get Your Troop on Board to Sell Gluten Free Trios!
We are participating in ABC Bakers’ gluten free cookie pilot program in 2015. Last year’s gluten free cookie sold out quickly. Please sign up now so your troop can say, “Yes, we do offer gluten free cookies!”
The 2015 cookie is called gluten free Trios. This delicious cookie combines oatmeal, peanut butter, and real chocolate chips, comes packaged in a 5 oz. re-sealable pouch, and has no artificial flavors, artificial colors, no high fructose corn syrup, no palm oil, and no hydrogenated oils. It retails for $5 per package.
1. Troops, girls and adults, must be registered by October 1, 2014.
2. All required financial forms must be current, on file, and in good standing with the council.
3. Order 1, 2, or 3 cases (maximum). 12 packages per case.
4. Troops receive standard proceeds for the pilot cookie. Girls receive credit toward recognition items for the pilot cookie.
5. The gluten free Trios Girl Scout Cookie will not be listed on order forms.
6. Absolutely no returns – no exceptions!
7. Same start date as the regular cookie sale – February 14. Pick up at your regular delivery station during the week of February 9-13.
Troop orders must be placed by September 15, 2014. If your troop would like to participate, please e-mail Jess Hoffmann at email@example.com with your name, troop number, and number of cases.
Digital Cookie with COCOdirect
Brand new this year, customers will be able to purchase cookies from girls digitally and have the cookies shipped directly to them. Girls can now sell online/digitally using GSUSA approved methods of online/digital selling only. Girls in Lakes and Pines can sell online/digitally by using COCOdirect either by using the COCOmobile app or by sending a secure link in an eCard through COCO Online Marketing. Customers make their selections (options include an eight-pack sampler that includes one of each variety, a half dozen of any one variety, or a dozen of any one variety.) Customers pay all shipping and handling. This is a great option for girls who wish to sell to friends and family that live further away, in addition to their local customers.
Continue to watch the blogs for more details on the upcoming Fall and Cookie Sales!
August 13, 2014 at 04:26pm
Product Sales staff recently road tripped to Interbake Foods (ABC Bakers) in North Sioux City, SD to continue planning our next Cookie Sale Program. While there, we were able to see how our cookies are made. Interbake has 500 employees, and runs three shifts, six days a week. One third of what they make there is Girl Scout cookies. It’s no wonder we could smell Thin Mints when we walked in the building!
Summer is when we do most of our planning for the upcoming year for both the Fall and Cookie Sale programs. At this time we are beginning to contact our past Community Product Sales Managers (CPSM) and Cupboard Managers to see if they are willing to assist us this coming year with either the Fall or Cookie Sales or both. Thank you to all who have worked with us in the past – we hope you will continue to help girls with their upcoming product sales programs! So far we know of several openings around the council for these volunteer positions. If this is something you are interested in, please contact your Product Sales and Finance Specialist for more information.
Fall Product Sale Program dates have been set and there are some new changes to the program which we think will be helpful to troops. This year, once your Troop Product Sales Manager (TPSM) has been trained, troops can begin selling as early as September 13! (Watch the blogs for fall training dates to be posted as they become available.) Each year we hear that troops are competing with other local fundraisers so we hope that having extra time early will help. Start right away or a bit later, depending on what works best for the troop.
Also new this year: customers will have the opportunity to purchase online any of the nuts and chocolates in the Ashdon Farms line (beyond the products on our order card)! Beginning September 13, girls can send customers an email with links for this online option. Magazines are also included in the online sale. Online customers make their selections, enter payment information, the product ships direct from Ashdon Farms – and the girl gets the credit! The in person order taking option is still available, but have your troop send emails as soon as your TPSM is trained to take full advantage of the online option and the longer selling dates.
Important Fall Product Sale Program Dates:
· September 13 – October 19, 2014 – Online and In Person Order Taking
· October 20, 2014 – Girls turn in Orders to the Troop / Troop Enters Order in NutE
· November 12 – November 17, 2014 – Product Delivery to Troops
· November 12 – November 26, 2014 – Girls Deliver Product to Customers / Collect Money
· December 1 – Girls turn in Money to Troops
· December 10, 2014 – Council Debits Troop Accounts for Balance Due
Troop Financial Reports were due June 15! If you have not yet completed your report, it is NOW DUE - please complete at this time and mail directly to your Product Sales and Finance Specialist. Writable forms are available on our website: http://gslakesandpines.org/files/4797.pdf. Do a file/save as to your computer. Remember that expenses must be entered as negative numbers for the math to work correctly. A copy of your checkbook register and a recent bank statement must be included. Troops who fail to submit their TFR are subject to an audit and/or freezing of their Girl Scout bank account. Please help us by turning in your troop’s report. in a timely manner. Contact your Product Sales and Finance Specialist if you have any questions. Thank you!
July 3, 2014 at 12:32pm
Missed the chance to sign up for troop camp at Shingobee? Additional dates added, by popular demand! SIGN UP TODAY so you don’t miss out on the fun! Registration form here.
Questions? Contact Keri Lynn, firstname.lastname@example.org or 320-252-2952 x3191.
Mon, July 28 - Wed, July 30
Dorm-style accommodations in the modern Program Center
Mon, Aug 4 - Wed, Aug 6
Choose to stay in the Program Center dorms or cabins under the oak trees.
June 30, 2014 at 09:26am
Background checks are required for all volunteers. If you have recently completed your background check for Lakes and Pines, thank you. It only took a few minutes and we appreciate your doing it. That's our best step to make sure that all of our girls and volunteers are kept safe.
If you have completed your backgrouond check by going online to our Lakes and Pines website in the past year (or getting a 7 page paper copy with the same information - offered for those without internet access) you will not have to complete a background check again until 3 years from the date of your first one.
Just an FYI - if you have done a background check for your employer or another organization, you still need to complete the Girl Scout one.
Still wondering if you have completed a background check with us? A simple clue is that you had to enter your social security number.
Our goal is to have all volunteers complete their background check before school starts. We have budgeted to pay for yours, so please take a few minutes and go to https://gslakesandpines.volunteerportal.net/ The password is juliette1912.
Questions can be directed to Denise at email@example.com or 218-208-0236 or Martha at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-302-3186.
June 17, 2014 at 02:30pm
Sign up now for Day Camp, July 14-16 at Bemidji State Park. Campers will do a variety of activities including flag ceremonies, kayaking, outdoor cooking, hiking, field games, arts and crafts, swimming, paddle boarding, canoeing and more. This is a wonderful opporunity to experience camp! For more details and the registration information click here.
June 12, 2014 at 03:05pm
Northwest Technical College in Bemidji would like to invite Girl Scouts and families to a Community Celebration on June 26, 2014 from 11- 3 pm. There will be free food, games and a bounce castle! More information will be found soon on the main page of their website found here: http://www.ntcmn.edu/
May 23, 2014 at 03:53pm
Sample the learning and fun of college life at Bemidji State University! Get the inside scoop on how to get into the college of your dreams while experiencing the fun and excitement of college life, exploring the beautiful camps on the lake, touring a TV studio and staying in Tammarack Hall--the tallest buiding in Bemidji. For more details check out the flyer and registration found here.